Tuesday, May 31, 2011

JUNE: My month of Ambition

I was recently inspired by my cousin Krystal's organized and realistic goal-setting she outlined on her blog "Give Me Back my Five Bucks." Her blogs are catered to an audience interested in following her strategies and tips for saving money and tackling the dilemmas of growing up, financially. She categorized her earnings and monitored them closely and I think whether it is finances or something else, it is important to set goals - be specific and realistic - monitor your progress closely and be disciplined. So, this is going to be a very ambitious set of goals and not all geared just for June but I figure once I get them down I can filter them and alter them but if I forever keep them in my head I may never take action.

Training & Recovery
> Rest : I want to get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep a night. On days with late practice be in bed by midnight and the remainder of the days be in bed by 11pm.
> Training : I want to keep a daily log of my workouts & weight sessions - the intensity, the number of reps, the weight and how I felt
> Nutrition : This has a variety of sub-categories such as limiting caffeine (with sugar) in take to once 16oz cup a day, having salmon/fish for omega3 at least once a week and carrying a water bottle with me at all times to maintain hydration
> Get a minimum of 11.0 on the Beep Test on June 13th and get a 12.0 by the time criteria for the Pan American Games need to be met

Media and Self-Promotion
> On-going: I have this large vision about a platform online that will best show case myself as an athlete as well as some of my hobbies/talents online with graphics, video and websites. I want to start this up with the first phase which is the main site. I want to buy a domain name and go from there (Coming soon: http://about.me/alilee05)
> For the team: I want to do a team promotional video for fun where the team is "juggling" one field hockey ball all over the city (clearly with lots of video editing)
> I want to go through the entire Final Cul Pro Studio tutorial discs that I have, ready for my big project
> I want to a Round 2 of my Sponsorship Packages and research an entirely different target of sponsors for 2011-12

Personal Well-Being
> Ideally, I would like to take a 25-30 minute walk each morning or early evening to make sure I get some time to myself. I need to practice relaxing and not being on the go so much
> I want to work on my IPS (Ideal Performance State) so that I can no where I need to be mentally to be prepared to perform at practice, games and in the gym!
> I want to return to YYoga in Vancouver. Yoga has been the only thing so far that has allowed me to clear my ahead and feel really good after a work out. This month I would like to go to YYoga at least 1-2 times a week when I am on the mainland.

Finances
> I want to avoid coffee shops like Starbucks, Bean Around the World and Caffe Artigiano. It's make it at home and bring it or stick with water. Those drinks cost $3-5 each and that could save me a LOT!
> I want to cut costs on driving and try and be better at scheduling so I can walk or take the bus to some things such as to get a few groceries or visit friends in Richmond or Downtown
> Recovering from the cash spent while in Europe I am going to say for the month of June : No shopping for unnecessary things including: electronics, accessories, clothing, or shoes.
> I am going to keep receipts of expenses and track my moneys spent and received for the month of June

On-Going Work:
> I am the media liasion for the Senior National Championships occurring in Victoria at the end of June and I have a number of tasks to complete including getting in touch with local media and sending out a 2nd media release.
> I am putting together a well diagramed and labeled book for the coaches of the Junior league in Victoria. I have to digitize hand written practice plans and get them right. It's taking a long time but I need to get that done! It's going to be a spectacular edition to the Junior league.
> Raising awareness for the National team : I have a few contacts in mind that I would like to get in touch with to help get our team out there including contacting En Route magazine to see if they want to profile our coach or some team members.


Alright that is, as I said, an ambitious list but it's good to get it down for now. I will cut it down, be more specific and get some deadlines down so that I can monitor my progress! That's all for now! It's off to Vancouver for my first real practice. This is like January 1st for me - a New Year! I have a healthy shoulder that has had lots of rest and I am "in it to win it" mentally, so to speak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment