Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Transition.

A lot has happened during this month of August including a handful of things that were completely what I would like to call...fate. Since returning home from the Western Canada Summer games (with the gold, might I add) I have taken my life and completely turned it upside down. Not to say that the way it was before was necessarily a bad thing but this is something different and offers me an opportunity to develop in other areas of my life and career.

I am on indefinite hiatus with the National team and will not be competing in Mexico at the Pan American games. Unfortunately, I felt a need to return home and focus on other areas of my life. Fortunately, opportunities arose almost faster than I could have even hoped for. I have been accepted to take on the role of the Communications and New Technologies Assistant at the University of Victoria, home of the UVic Vikes...aka my second home.

I couldn't be more thrilled to not only be working in a field that I am so passionate about but to also be back in the Vikes family helping ramp up support for a University that gave me so much. UVic has been more than instrumental in my life and successes over the years. I dedicate so much of my success to my career at UVic and in fact, that experience is my measuring stick. The bar was set so high when I was at UVic that so far no other team or program has matched what I felt like coming out of that program. It's a pretty great feeling to be back there with that "family."

It's going to be a tough transition going from a physically working "job" as an athlete to a more office and hands on 9-5 type job! Either way, it's going to be what I make it. So, I am excited to work with new and familiar faces, learn A LOT and have fun covering sports and doing what I love!

I am not sure how prominent this blog will be as I am not currently training or reporting for the National team but I will do my best!

For now check out some of the stuff I will be posting throughout the upcoming months at www.govikesgo.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Thanks a Lot for Sharing a nice Article............
    By the way check out the total information about Pan American Games 2011 like events, venues, Pan American Games 2011 Dates, Pan American Games 2011 Schedule, Medal table, Medal tally and more from Pan American Games 2011.

    ReplyDelete