Thursday, August 11, 2011

Who Rocks the House?

I took a 3.5 hour bus ride yesterday from Burnaby to Kamloops for the Second Week events at the Western Canada Summer Games. I was asked a few weeks ago to assistant coach the U18 BC team at this event and so far everything is looking pretty good. We had a good bus ride to Kamloops and the venue looks spectacular. We are at Thompson Rivers University playing at Hillside Stadium on rubber based turf. It's pretty hot here but not nearly as hot as last week, so we're told.

The field hockey games start tomorrow with BC kicking off against Saskatchewan at 8:30am. The girls are getting up at 5:45am to do their morning jog and stretch. It's going to be a very long day because we also play again in the afternoon.

We had a team skit night tonight to get the girls bonding and laughing. I know I certainly enjoyed it. Like any multi-sport games there is food available around the clock and that's pretty much keeping me content. It's hard to fit work outs in and around the girls' schedule but I seem to be managing. Also, there was a Team BC coaches recognition ceremony tonight where some past-Olympians were present as coaches and several familiar faces including my soccer coach from when I was 8 years old!

I love the multi-sport atmosphere and even more the TEAM BC atmosphere!

I look forward to game 1 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment