Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Excellence - the Ripple Effect

It is with great honour that I help announce the first ever Canadian Athlete's Now E-Book! I was selected as a CANFund recipient last year and the money that I was given supported me in fulfilling my training needs leading up to the Commonwealth Games. I continually contribute to promoting the events and fundraising strategies that CEO Jane Roos and the committee come up with because I truly believe that they support Canadian athletes for all the right reasons!

This year, the Canadian Athletes Now Fund has decided to put together an E-book full of 36 stories by real Canadian athletes - Olympians and Olympic hopefuls. I was absolutely honoured to be asked to write a story and although I am not much of a writer I can write about what I feel! So, I thought about the moments in my life that have impacted me and although I play at the highest level in Canada it was my time at UVic, as a Vike, that had the biggest impact on my career and my life.

Other authors also include Soccer phenom Christine Sinclair, fellow islander swimmer Ryan Cochrane as well as "greats" like Silken Laumann. All proceeds go towards Can Fund and basically us, as athletes! So go check it out and read my story - CLICK THE PHOTO BELOW:





No comments:

Post a Comment