Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reflection

It is an absolute gorgeous day as I travel on the BC Ferries across the pond to Vancouver. The past few days on the island have seen some great weather including the hottest day of the year, supposedly. Considering it was raining in June I'm pretty happy with the weather! The past week I was involved in the Senior National Championships held at the University of Victoria. It was great to be playing on my "home pitch" again but also it was just great to be playing again, in general. My feet, hands and fitness are all still catching up but it's certainly nice to not be on the sidelines or video taping! To top it all off my team, BC BLUE, were the national champions. This is my second year in a row winning Seniors and on home turf. I suppose its a lucky place for me to win national championships ;)

Moving on from the big win, I'm heading back to Vancouver to start training for our first major competitions leading up to the Pan American games. Because I have been out of the picture for so long I have a lot of work to do before making it back on the team and even being considered for the Pan Am team. That starts with fitness testing (round 3) and then performance on the field. For the first week we have a Canada top team and a Canada "A" team which is a development team mostly made of Juniors. I'm playing for that development team and a LOT is going through my mind to prepare for that. It's going to be a tough couple of days while I get back into the full swing of things.

To top it off I'm having some rough time dealing with some personal issues, which are not only emotionally distracting but its seriously draining my energy. The tough part? It's not in my control and I only fear the worst. It's a bit too much pain for me to handle right now with all the hockey pressure on me, too. It's a big few weeks for me and it looks like I'm going to have to deal with it on my own. Sometimes life is pretty cruel to you but hopefully, it's one of those life lessons about how to deal with rejection and pressure. I'm certainly in the middle of it all and am trying to distract myself and stay positive. The sunshine is helping. Uncertainty is not.

Regardless, I am hoping to search for some friends I haven't connected with in awhile to reach out for some support. I'm not good at being on my own for these types of moments. Hopefully them as well as hockey will help pull me through!

No comments:

Post a Comment