Saturday, August 6, 2011

My week of R&R is almost up and it has still somehow been quite busy.  I took 3 or 4 days to enjoy being at home and spending time with family, friends and of course, Leo! I took Leo to Parker Beach last week and he had a blast in the water. I bring a great water toy for him to retrieve but of course he just wants other dogs' toys! Anyway, he really enjoyed the hot weather and the cool water and I wish I could go to the beach every day with him!

I was also experimenting with some of the camera apps on my iPhone (Hipstamatic, Instagram, Pro HDR) and took a cute photo of Dan's cat "Tank" and also behind the scenes at the Pizzeria Prima Strada in Cook street village. It's no Da Michele in Italy but it's pretty close!

 

This week I returned to Vancouver to catch up on some MORE hockey. I was umpiring at the Under 16 Canadian National Championships - boys and girls! I did three men's games and got rated so that now I am a Regional umpire! That means higher certification, more money and brings me closer the Canadian rating. So, I've been really busy umpiring and learning all the technicalities behind the games. In between umpiring I have been busy coaching the Western Canada Summer Games BC team. The girls are so talented that I am really excited to see them perform in Kamloops next week.

I'm heading home tomorrow night just for a day or two to get a few things done before heading off to Kamloops. This 22 day break has sure sped by really quickly! Next week we get our new training programs from our trainer, Jason. I'm a little nervous but also really excited to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment