Sunday, July 31, 2011

Home for some R&R

I've finally made it back to the island after probably my longest stint from home for awhile now. We finished off our series against Japan yesterday with a 4-0 loss to Japan. We have a lot to work to do as a team but playing a 9th ranked team in the world gives us a lot of exposure to things we need to work on. It's exciting to see the road that we can be moving forward down.

The game went well in the second half. We generated a bit more attack this game than the previous two and we held them to 1-0 in the second half. They had 3 quick goals in the first half that we choose not to re-live at the moment.

I'm really happy to be home for a few days to see family and friends but mostly just get the R&R I've been waiting for or my body has been waiting for...

I'm going to take a few days off and do nothing... but probably eat some good food... and then I'm going to get back on the fitness train on Monday, the 8th! I'm off to Kamloops on the 10th with the Western Canada Summer Games BC team and so, I'll get to do some acclimatization training there while coaching.

That's all for now :) Short and sweet.. off to get that much needed rest... Have to say though, I"m so happy to be back playing!


No comments:

Post a Comment