Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rolling in the Deep

Entry title comes from one of my favourite songs right now, Adele's "Rolling in the Deep", and it sort of fits with what's been happening with the team right now. I'm not sure how to describe it but when is Canada ever going to catch a break and jump on a hot streak? We're forever trucking along, working hard, putting in lots of effort but never actually showing it on the score board.

Today we played Japan in Game #2 of the 3-Test series and we lost 5-0. The scoreline is quite large but we did do some good things out there. We were punished very quickly for bad turnovers on the field, though. We need to learn how to punish opponents like they punish us.

It was a bit of a mental challenge at the start of the game because I was on the starting line-up after not dressing the game before. I suppose I need to stay tough and confident in my own abilities because selections are happening right now for Pan American games and everyone is getting a chance to play. So, hopefully I did my work today because I for sure felt like I was working really hard and I made a lot of good tackles on the field. There is obviously a lot to work on. I want to make sure that I get my fitness right up to par so I am not super tired mid way through the second half and so I can join the attack!

I'm excited because tomorrow we have the day off and I haven't figured out what I want to do but I'm excited to have some time off. I have to coach at night. I'm heading to the Western Canada Games on August 10th for four days. The competition should be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to just helping out and also checking out the interior!

Day off and game day on Saturday and then home for a few days !!! Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment